Our Vision: "Building CT's Economy, Communities & Better Lives One Home at a Time."
Our Mission: "Using Effective Advocacy and New Knowledge to Solve our Member's Problems."
Who We Are
The HBRA of Connecticut, Inc. represents the home building, land development and remodeling industry in Connecticut:
- With 800 member firms employing over 30,000 people throughout the state;
- We are the "State HBRA" - the statewide component of a federation of affiliated but distinct organizations, including the National Association of Home Builders ("NAHB") (located in Washington, DC) and four local HBRAs in Connecticut;
- Our"Builder" member firms are engaged in new residential construction (both single family and multifamily units), new light commercial construction, remodeling and renovation of existing residential and commercial buildings, and land development activities on residential, commercial and industrial zoned land;
- Our "Associate" member firms are in businesses providing supplies, services and expertise to the building, remodeling and land development industries;
- See Value of an HBRA Membership;
- The state association’s Board of Directors, Senior Officers, committees, councils and task groups, working together as a team with professional staff, offer HBRA members many opportunities to solve industry problems and promote its growth, upholding the highest degree of professionalism, integrity, work ethic, association management expertise and industry knowledge;
- We're a non-profit, 501(c)(6), professional trade association organized in 1960.
What We Do
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS - Professional and Effective:
POLITICAL AFFAIRS - HBRA of CT BUILD-PAC & Political Committee:
- Promoting state legislative candidates friendly toward our concerns
- Supporting the NAHB Build-PAC and the HBRACT's Gov't Affairs efforts thru the Annual Fiano Family Golf Classic
PUBLIC RELATIONS, COMMUNICATIONS and CONSUMER AFFAIRS - Promoting Public Support:
- Setting the record straight in the media to support our advocacy role
- Effecting a positive public opinion of the industry
- "Op ed" articles; Letters to the editor; Press releases; Getting out good research, data, articles to support the industry
- Enhancing communication, information and tools for members to improve their businesses and get the permits and approvals they need
- On-line resources for consumers, including how to find a reputable builder or remodeler in CT
INFORMATION -- Current and Useable:
- Professional and robust web site on the internet, with member-only resources, how-to articles, on-line member forums and more
- e-Alerts informing members about laws and regulations, industry news and association events (Exclusively sent to members only)
- Connecticut Builder magazine (3-4 times per year, print and on-line) - also exclusively to all members, plus state legislators
EDUCATION -- Learn to Succeed:
DIRECT FINANCIAL RETURNS -- $$ Back To You:
- Great insurance program for qualified builders, remodelers and trade subcontractors (general liability, workers comp, builders risk) through Acadia Insurance
- Discount office products; Member Rebate Program for purchasing a wide variety of products; Verizon Wireless and other discounts; Industry Books & Publications through the NAHB Bookstore; and much more
- "Member Service Program" - For vendors wishing to establish an affinity relationship with the HBRA - see our Affinity Offerings page.
MEMBER RECOGNITION & INFORMATION SHARING -- Awards and More Business Contacts: